Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Frank TV – A short review for a short show

When I was young, there were tons of voice impersonators out there, some so good, some not so good. (I could never understand what anybody saw in Rich Little.) But Frank Caliendo, currently on the TBS show “Frank TV” is probably the best one I’ve seen in a long time. So I decided to give his TV show a try.

While it’s not sidesplitting funny, some of his impressions are so accurate that it is amazing. It’s not just the voices that he nails, but it’s the person’s mannerisms. It’s amusing that he changes his appearances to look more like the person he’s impersonating. But, I can’t get used to his Pacino look, although if I don’t look at the television while he’s on, I’d swear it was Pacino himself. His impersonation of President George W. Bush is unbelievably accurate, as is his Robert De Niro and John Madden.

The sketches that Frank performs on his show aren’t always very funny, but I have to admit that at least once in every show I laugh hard and loud. So I have been making it a point to watch every week, even though Frank needs to get better writers for the humor.

If you’ve missed episodes of Frank TV (which has been airing Tuesdays on TBS at 11:00 PM), they are available on the TBS website, link below.

Link to Frank TV TBS web site


Check out my blog home page for the latest information,
HERE!

No comments: