Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sex And The City Movie: Here’s One Chick Who Won’t See This Flick

Photo from Vogue
I’m not going to see the Sex And The City Movie. Why? Because I never liked the show. It seemed so horribly shallow and, in my opinion, didn’t represent the type of woman that I always aspired to be. No, that doesn’t mean I wanted to be a nun, it means that I always wanted to be respected for my brains and not for my physical assets, clothes, shoes, etc.

I had watched the show a few times, years ago when it was on HBO, and I couldn’t understand why some people seemed so enamored with Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) Samantha (Kim Cattrall) Charlotte (Kristin Davis), and Miranda (Cynthia Nixon). Yes I did get why some people were enamored with Mr. Big (Chris Noth) – being a die-hard Law & Order fan I thought that Chris was the best thing that happened to crime shows. But the ladies all seemed to be devoid of any real intelligence and frankly, seemed unattractive as human beings.

The SATC women seem to personify the word bimbo. At least, that’s the impression that I got. And I get amused when I see pictures of Sarah Jessica Parker in a photograph where she’s posed to look beautiful – and she really isn’t. I think I would have found the show more real if Carrie wasn’t so enamored with herself. And as far as Chris Noth, well, even he can’t draw me to see this movie. I think it’s the Elvis -“I just colored my hair with black shoe polish”- look to his hair. There’s just something so wrong with how he’s starting to look. Granted, since I haven’t seen the movie I can’t tell if they’re aging him a little with some gray hair, but with all the promotional photos for the movie that I see, all I can see is that fake, too-black hair.

I also wonder how well this movie will do at the box office, since most men won’t be caught dead seeing it. Well, not unless they are forced to by their wife/girlfriend/significant other.

The guys may be right. This movie, like the TV series, may be best avoided.


Check out my blog home page for the latest information, here.

No comments: