Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sorkin-isms: A Supercut (Pre- "The Newsroom” Video)

With the premiere of the new Aaron Sorkin series “The Newsroom” (HBO) I thought it a good time to post this interesting and entertaining video someone put together showcasing some of Sorkin’s past shows/movies and his frequent re-use of dialog. I found myself wondering – how many of these same lines will show up in The Newsroom? My guess: all of them!

By the way, I watched the first episode of The Newsroom. I’m on the fence about it. It was too predictable and the characters were like carbon copies of other Sorkin characters. The oil spill crisis and the way the newsroom got the big scoop on the story was too tidy and too easy. I didn’t feel like I was watching a real newsroom. OK, I’ve never been in a real newsroom but I have a feeling they aren’t quite like what we saw Sorkin's “The Newsroom.” Still, the premise of the show and the cast has possibilities so I’ll continue to watch, even if it is just to see how many “Sorkinisms” I can spot.



Check out my blog home page for the latest information at I Like To Watch TV

No comments: